Friday, June 25, 2010

Beat Up.

Man, oh man. Today has been a really rough day. We woke not only having no hot water, but having only ICE COLD water coming out of both taps. Clearly, this kind of catastrophe would only happen on morning that I have to get up early for work. On a day that is normally my day off. Because I have to fill in. We had to pack up allllll of our shower things and work/school clothes and shower at the gym at ICO. I went to work with my hair dripping in the freezing air conditioning, and just because life was so great today, my hair frizzed right up like a white girl afro. We'll just say that my morning did not begin on a happy note.

To make matters worse, some crazy lady yelled at me at work because I asked her what her father's SSN was. You know, so I could enter his insurance information so they would pay for his office visit. I'm so unreasonable and irrational.

Then, Bart comes to me near the end of my (very) long day to pressure me into going to a--and I swear this is the truth--turtle race. After I have just had the morning from Hell and worked an extra seven hours of over time, knowing that I have to work early tomorrow morning, too. Really, Bart?

Bart also has thing about trying to convince people who don't want what he wants that they actually DO want what he wants. He does this most often with food and social activities. And he does it to me all the time. This is normally how one of these conversations goes:

Bart: What do you think we would have for dinner tonight? Burgers?
Me: No. I'm not in the mood. How about Chili?
Bart: Nah. Are you sure you don't want a burger, though? I'd really like one.
Me: Bart. You know I'm rarely in the mood for a burger. And I'd have to go shopping for the stuff to make one. What about BBQ Chicken?
Bart: Oh. No. But burgers are good. Are you sure you don't want one? Remember how good that last one I had at the restaurant looked.
Me: Fine. [or sometimes: NO!!!!!!!!]

So we basically had the same conversation, except with "turtle racing" and "bar" thrown in where "burger" is. This in itself didn't make me happy, but it only compounded my anger that I thought that tonight Bart and I were spending some alone time together. Apparently not.

And to make matters EVEN worse, Bart forgot to bring home ALL of my shower things (and his own) that he brought to his office at school, so now I have to go buy a bunch of stuff so I can shower for tomorrow.

This has just felt like a Beat Up Kari Day. It seems that no matter which way I turn, I'm getting the short end of the stick. Every time. I just hope that tomorrow brings a better day. At least I know it will bring hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment