Sunday, December 26, 2010

After Christmas Shopping

It's the day after Christmas, which means that the world (and the two of us!) are winding down. Even though we were unable to be with our families this year, our Christmas was still wonderful! We ate some delicious food--though I say it myself--got some really great/thoughtful gifts, and even began a new "family" tradition.

I had high hopes this year of getting Bart and myself new winter coats. Ours are 3 and 4 years old and, lets face it, peacoats just do NOT get the job done when you live in Chicago. I thought for sure that we would be able to get some great winter coats at pretty fantastic marked down prices today, you know, because it's the day after Christmas and every store in the world is having sales. But, alas, it is not to be! I have had my eye on a new Northface coat for months now. It's beautiful. Black, removable faux-fur around the hood, down-filled, and to the knee. And you know what? It's STILL $300! Which means that the coat I wanted Bart to get is also STILL $200. Sigh. I guess we are going to be cold for a while more.

In other news, I am also in the market for a new nostril screw. I lost mine on Christmas day when it fell down the drain. And it was the BEST screw I've had, too! It was pronged, so the fake diamond never fell out and it laid flat against my skin instead of sticking up like a big round zit in the way some screws do. I asked my sister to pick me up another (if they still have them) in Saratoga, but in the meantime, I am going to a tattoo parlor out here to see if they have something that will hold me over until the new one comes. So yes, folks, this is going to be my big after Christmas purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment