So recently I've been having some pain issues. It began with my teeth, oddly enough. I had a cleaning and sealants at the dentist just before Christmas, and since then I have been having terrible pain when I drink/eat anything cold and, lately, when I chew anything on the left side. I can't even TELL you how many times I've been back to the dentist while he tried to figure out how he "threw off" my bite.
Anyway, a few weeks ago, I started having migraines. Bad ones. The kind that last for at least three days. And I NEVER. GET. MIGRAINES. My neck was constantly killing me, my left hip was making a knocking noise when I walked, my jaw was clicking when I opened my mouth wide...it was chaos, people. So, I decided I'd head up the block and to the Chiropractor to see if he could fix me.
This is what a healthy spine looks like. Mine? Well, picture the side view with the curves going the opposite directions. The front view? It leans to the left. My jaw? Out of whack. The neck part? That is beginning to curve the wrong way, too, which is making my head hang out an inch in front of my body (gross). And no, I don't have Scoliosis, which is about the only bright side in this whole mess.
Long story short, I have to have an adjustment my my doctor, we'll call him Dr. Crunch because of the sounds my back makes when he works on me, and PT three times a week. Until mid May. Which ends up being about 40 sessions. Yikes. But, the good news is that the migraines have stopped already--and I've only been going for two weeks. Wish me luck!

Oh man, this doesn't sound good at all. :( I'm glad that you're seeing an improvement though!
ReplyDelete