we're staying in Chicago until September. I didn't want to stay, but I also didn't want to leave Bart behind to deal with his externship and stuff alone. So, I prayed and prayed about it, and I feel that I am supposed to stay here with him until we can go home--together--in the fall.
Things sort of worked out in his favor, which is really the only consolation we have right now. He was able to get five hours (per week) of clinic time in Cornea/Contact Lens. We wanted ten hours since he wants to do a residency and specialize in that area, but beggars can't be choosers. The other five hours will be filled in Pediatrics, which makes Bart visibly cringe every time he says it out loud. He loves kids, but you try taking a little one to an eye doctor and see how much fun it is.
Bart had to tell the people who wanted our apartment that we were staying, but it looks like they are going to move into the other apartment on our floor. I was so happy to hear that it was still open so that they didn't have to suffer as a result of this whole mess, too. Well, at least that little bit of stress is over!
As for me, I'm going to begin looking for jobs today and hope that I find a halfway decent one ASAP so I can get out of the job I have now. And I'll be dreaming, daily, of all of things we could have enjoyed if we had been able to go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment