Saturday, June 4, 2011

Oh...hello!

I know it's been ages since I last wrote.  I wish I could say it is because things are so busy here, but really, we lead a pretty boring life here in Chicago.  We go to work, come home, make dinner and go to bed.  Every night.  Our only excitement is going out to eat and trying new, delicious foods.

Anyway, there have been some changes since last time I blogged.  I turned 25 on May 18th and Bart made it such a lovely little celebration.  His first externship began just a couple of weeks ago, and so far he seems to really love it.  Just yesterday he was telling me how he had a patient with what looked to be a pretty sever eye problem.  Bart went to his attending optometrist to talk about the case and the optometrist told him to treat the patient like he was the doctor.  Bart went ahead and ordered tests and was able to diagnose the patient--all on his own!  He said it was the first time he has actually felt like a doctor.

 I just started at a new position at the clinic on June 1st (thank GOD!).  It's in Materials/Optical.  So far, I love it.  I don't have to deal with screaming, ignorant patients or nasty, petty co-workers.  I think my job will mainly be to process orders for the meds and the lenses/frames that the clinic needs, but right now I am helping my co-worker straighten out a filing mess someone else made at a Chicago Public School (CPS) site.  It's really hard, tedious work, but I do love actually being able to see the progress we've made there each day.

And do you know what else has come as a result of this new position?  SHOPPING!!!  You guys, I haven't shopped in for-freakin'-ever.  I just haven't had the money, what with saving for the wedding, then Christmas, then birthdays and such.  And Bart and I eat out waaaay too much, but that is beside the point.  Anyway, since I don't have to wear black dress pants and a black blazer anymore (yessssssss!) I am free to shop for nice clothes that I can have fun wearing even outside of work.  I spent quite a bit of money at Old Navy on things, but, in my defense, they were ALL on sale AND I got an extra 20% off and free shipping.  Bart, bless his heart, is so happy to see me happy and loves that I am finally buying new clothes after years of wearing the same old things.  I just hope that I don't get back into my old habits of shopping constantly.  Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment