Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Roof Over Our Heads

The big news today is that we have finally found an apartment. Not just any apartment, mind you, but our FIRST apartment together. Where just the TWO of us will live. Together. Married.

And I think the best part of all is that I am the one who found it, called the landlord (who happens to be the same one we have now, but that is neither here nor there), and set up an appointment with the currant occupant to view it. And it is lovely. It's much smaller than the apartment we have now, which is fine by me. There is a sweet master bedroom (and his/hers closets!!!!!!!!!!!!) with french doors that open into the living room/eating area and even another second room that Bart will use as his "office" when it's not being used as a "guest room." The kitchen is adorable--almost like a play house kitchen, but for a grown up. There are windows on BOTH SIDES of the apartment, which is something you really don't see out here in Chicago. The walls are a soft white, the trim around the windows is natural wood in a beautiful buttery shade. It almost reminds me of the Cape house--no wonder I love it!

I am just DYING to decorate. I'm so sick of having crappy IKEA furniture that falls apart every time you try to use it. I don't want to live like a college student anymore. My goal is going to be to decorate the whole place, slowly and on a budget, through craigslist.org. I love that site. You can get the best stuff for dirt cheap since most people who are desperate to sell things get rid of their stuff there. The only tough part will be finding a vehicle to get the goods back to our new place!

Anyway, we move, hopefully, on August 30 or 31. It's going to be so fun and exciting to live alone with Bart for the first time in our relationship--and just in time for our marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment