Yes, folks, it's true! I actually have a wedding band that I LOVE and that matches my engagement ring perfectly! I'm so thrilled (i.e. relieved) that this is an issue I no longer need to worry about. Sorry, but no picture! Since the big day is so close, I figured I'd just wait to post it with the rest of our wedding photos.
The band fits the curve of my engagement ring, and is super thin so that it actually almost blends in with the micro diamonds on the sides of the engagement ring. It just accents the beauty of the engagement ring, instead of trying to over power it. I'm so glad our jeweler understood (clearly a lot better than I did) that there really isn't a wedding band in the world that is equal in beauty to my engagement ring. The best thing to do is just let the engagement ring shine!
He was also able to do the engravings inside the rings, which made me super happy. We chose to have a quote from "Letter XXI" from Confidential Correspondence of the Emperor Napoleon and the Empress Josephine: "To love you alone, to make you happy...this is my destiny."
Bart's ring reads, "To love you alone, to make you happy," and mine says, "this is my destiny." I thought it was actually kind of nice that we had to split the quote between our two rings, since, together, they create the one declaration of love.
In other news, Bart is still sick--or if you ask him, insanely ill. And he's still studying so hard for his finals. I feel so bad for the poor boy. There is nothing worse than being really sick AND having to study and take all important finals at the same time. So, I do the only things that I can do to make him feel better; I feed him his favorite foods, comfort him, baby him and give him mini pep talks so that he doesn't lose faith in himself. Please pray for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment