Ladies and...ladies, today I finally bought that coat I keep talking about! You know, the one I've been eyeballing since Christmas. And let me tell you what a crazy hunt it has been!
Last week when I went to have my wrist checked out by the orthopedic surgeon, I stopped at the Northface store since is was basically right next door. I saw the coat, tried it on, loved it and was then told that it would be ON SALE on February 3rd. Well, what was another week? I'd already waited months and for days where the temp was 12 degrees. I could get by in my fleece/peacoat double-up for one more week.
Fast forward to today. Could life get any better? I was going to buy the coat of my dreams and I had the day off, which gave me plenty of time to hop a bus and get to the store. Right? I woke up, called the store, and they were SOLD OUT OF THE COAT!!! And not only was this store sold out, but they were sold out NATION WIDE as of two days ago. Okay, I thought, I'll just order it online from the website and pay full price. Whatever, that's what I had originally planned on doing anyway. Well, guess what? They were sold out on the website, too. So I googled the coat. Every. Single. Site. was sold out of the coat. They had alllllll the other colors in allllll the other sizes but mine. I tell you--If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.
I freaked (because c'mon, I've been fantasizing about that coat for a long time) and Bart tried to search different sites too. We looked at about 15 in all, with no results. I was broken hearted. Then Bart had the greatest brainstorm ever! He offhandedly mentioned ebay! The ONE place I hadn't looked yet, because, seriously, who uses ebay anymore?
Well, I found the darn coat in my size and bid on it. It was full price, but whatever. A girl needs to be warm and look good, too, right? And I won it! It's mine! It should arrive by Tuesday, so I'll post pictures of the beauty then!
No comments:
Post a Comment