Friday, May 7, 2010

To Church Or Not To Church?

So Bart and I have been going back and forth for a while over whether or not to get married in the church we put our deposit on (we'd get a full refund no matter what if we choose not to use them). I have always wanted to get married outside, in the grass, under a tree. Bart and his mom really want us to get married in a church--any church. "We can't just take God out of this!" she says.

But wouldn't it be more beautiful to be married in the outdoors that HE created? That HE worked for six days to bring to life? With HIS sunshine shining down on our marriage? Instead of in a (beautiful) building that a man created? I think so.

1 comment:

  1. Personally- I agree with you, Kari. If someone is getting married outside and not in a church, it doesn't mean that the Lord is no longer over that marriage or that day is no longer blessed. I say you guys should do whatever you want to do. The church would be pretty, but outdoors is always pretty as well! I am always seeing BEAUTIFUL outdoor weddings. :)
    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete