Friday, April 30, 2010

I Love Bargain Books!

A couple months ago, I discovered the "bargain book" section on the Barnes & Noble website. Since I had just quit my (horrible) job and had nothing to do, I decided to give these "slightly damaged" books a try. I bought 4 books--and the big news? The "damage" ended up being slightly creased book jackets, the creases were on the edge of the spine. And most of the bargain books are HARDCOVER and you can buy 90% of them for under $6! The only downside to the bargain book selection is that only the "damaged books" make it in and it is a first come, first served type of deal since there are a limited number of the books. You do have a really great chance of grabbing best sellers, though, since the book store apparently orders more of them more often.

Anyway, my big news is that I made another purchase today! Here is the rundown:

I bought 7 books and 1 movie. The full book/movie price WOULD have been$183.73.

Shipping SHOULD have been $10.92.

And I used a 15% off coupon (that applied to the most expensive item--the movie, which was $8).

Grand Total Spent: $44.85!!!

The biggest saving, other than the bargain books themselves, was that I got FREE SHIPPING! Don't ask me why--maybe it was just another promotion. Basically, I got my whole $200 purchase for 76% off. How freakin' fantastic is that???

No comments:

Post a Comment