I've been thinking that this Valentine's day wouldn't be that great since Bart has to study for his finals this coming week--but it's been amazing! After his first final last night, Bart came home and decided that he was going to enjoy the rest of the night with me instead of studying (yay!!) I made Italian pasta salad for dinner and we watched "Fear" while eating. Jason left in the middle of the movie, so Bart and I actually got to enjoy an evening alone together, which was the best gift EVER!
I can't believe how much I've missed just snuggling with him on the couch while watching some show on TV and making funny comments about it to each other. We even watched an episode of "House" and Bart tried to guess what illnesses the patient had. I let Roscoe out of his cage hoping he would want to cuddle with us, but he seemed pretty intent on being a brat. All he did was act naughty and race around the living room like a lunatic because I wasn't paying enough attention to him. So back in his cage he went!
This morning, while Bart showered, I put our V-day dinner in the crockpot. We're having pulled pork with coleslaw. It's one of Bart's favorite things to eat and I thought it would be nice since it is a picnic style food and our very first V-day was celebrated with a picnic dinner on my dorm room floor.
After the food started heating up, I showered and then Bart took me down the street to that little pastry place I wrote about a couple days ago. When we walked in the owner reached under the counter and brought out a beautiful daffodil, a bag on M&Ms and a card for me! Bart had snuck over to the florist and Walgreen's while I was showering and then dropped everything off at the shop so I wouldn't know I was getting anything other than brunch!
We each ordered the Leek and Gruyere quiche (delicious!) and we shared a HUGE slice of Italian cheesecake (heavenly!). It was basically a cheesecake made out of cannoli filling, but a little bit more dense with chocolate chips and orange zest mixed in. Bart got a cup of coffee and I had a lovely cup of Jasmine tea. They serve the tea in tiny glass teapots with a steeper inside. Bart thought it was so cool that he wants one now, so we are going to plan a trip to Teavana---haha!
We just sat in the shop and ate, talked and loved each other. It was perfect <3
No comments:
Post a Comment