Since this past week was so horrible for me, Bart did everything he could to make the weekend great. And he did!
On Friday night Bart ordered in Chinese--my favorite! We got General Tso's, Beef and Broccoli, Steamed Dumplings, fried rice and egg rolls. Yum! Then we watched The Happening. We'd seen the movie in theaters and loved it. We can't figure out why other people seem to dislike it so much--maybe because of the plants?
Anyway, we slept in Saturday which was WONDERFUL. I didn't realize how great it was to be able to sleep in when I wasn't working. When Bart and I woke up, we decided to try this little pastry shop that is basically right outside of our door. It is such a cute little place and they specialize in European pastries and deserts. They also serve "savories," like quiche and stuff. I bought Bart a marzipan macroon and I got myself a cannoli (delicious!) and some other thing that is basically Eclair cream and whipped cream inside of a puff pastry (amazing!). The bad news is that I'm going to gain 369382947 pounds because I want to eat there all the time now!
After we ate, I went with Bart and Jason to ICO and Bart practiced doing the Slit Lamp on my left eye, and practiced B.I.O and tenometry (sp?) on his classmates. We were there for 4 hours, which was tough for me because I got bored pretty quickly. After that, we took Jason's car and FINALLY went grocery shopping. Fortunately, we hit some great deals and were able to stock up on a lot of staples for a decent price. Food is so expensive out here! I ended up making lasagna for Bart, Jason and our friend Tommy. I did the usual sausage lasagna, and, since Tommy hates sausage and I'm trying to get healthy, I made a spinach, mushroom and black olive lasagna. Everyone LOVED the veggie version.
Today was boring, so I won't write about it. Bart is calling me to come visit with him in the kitchen while he washes the dishes anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment