Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week Two Down.

I found out yesterday that they want to keep me at the law firm. I guess that's good news, especially since I a) need the job and b) need the money. And Aunt Jayne was right; the second week did go better than the first.

The bad news, however, is that my co-worker, Sarah, told me Thursday that she gave her two-week notice on Monday. Apparently she hates the job and has a really hard time working with our boss. I haven't had to work with him one-on-one yet, but after talking to her I am really worried.

I really like Sarah and I was so hoping that we could be friends and do things together after work, like get coffee at Starbuck's or something after work. She is so nice--she's quiet and down to earth and married (!!) so maybe even Bart could have had a new friend.

She actually seemed to open up a lot to me yesterday when she talked about why she was leaving. She said that no one told her how our boss was, so she wanted me to know what to expect in the hopes that things might go better for me. Bart says that I should still pursue a friendship with her outside of work when she leaves. I think I will. She is JUST my type of person and I shouldn't give up so easily--especially in a place where I have no friends to begin with.

In other news, Bart and I will be having a very short Valentine's Day celebration since he has to study for his finals (they start Monday). I'm really bummed about it. I feel like I haven't been able to spend any time with him since we got back from Christmas. I love to just lay around and read with him, or watch movies with him. We have been planning on seeing the Diamond exhibit at the museum since I got here, but have never had the chance. I just miss having him all to myself, I guess. And who wouldn't? He is pretty darn fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. That's really great news kari! And how wonderful that you have found a girl who could be a true friend. :)
    Happy Valentines Day! I hope the day is really special!

    ReplyDelete