Since working at the clinic, I am all about the uneventful days off. Maybe this has something to do with me working 6 days a week and at least 10hrs every day except Saturday (4hrs). There is nothing better than a quiet day at home after I wake up with Bart. I get to relax on the couch, watch some crappy television and nap. And don't even get me started on how amazing naps are. Seriously. Am I turning into an old lady this early in life???
Today I slept until a little after 9am, went to the bathroom, and then slept until a quarter to 11. I've been so exhausted since the wedding and moving that I have been unable to catch up on the sleep I missed. Being stressed out all the time because of lack of sleep, amongst other things, doesn't help, either. Pretty sure I am back to where I should be at this point!
Anyway, I have decided to get my hair cut this afternoon to kind of pamper myself a little bit. I haven't had it cut since right before Maria's wedding in May and it's about time it was trimmed. It's so expensive to get a hair cut out here. $50 for a wash, cut and style--and that's just the starting amount. I clearly try to go as little as possible to save money. One benefit from the outrageous salon charges in Chicago is the fact that I've started taking super good care of my hair in between trimmings. I buy Organix shampoo and conditioner, which is a bit more expensive than the Herbal Essences I used to use. I'm not sure if the shampoo is actually organic or not, but I do know that it does not contain ANY sulfites or parabens, which are the things that damage your hair. Parabens are chemicals added to keep the shampoo and conditioner from spoiling, but could be harmful for your health and sulfites (i.e. salt) are added to make shampoo sudsy. It doesn't make sense since suds don't make hair cleaner and salt/sulfites just dry hair out and damage it. Maybe the $50 cut charge isn't too bad considering I learned all of this from my new hairdresser!
No comments:
Post a Comment