Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's another grey, rainy day in Chicago. And I hate it. The only time I love yucky, rainy days are when I get to spend them at home reading a fantastic book and/or watching a great BBC movie. And for the past two rainy days, I've been stuck at work (and on one of those days, I was stuck at work soaking wet, but we won't talk about that...).

Sigh.

The good news is that I have FOUR days off this weekend! F-O-U-R. I cannot begin to tell you how excited this makes me! And Bart has the three day weekend, too. We have big plans to just settle into our apartment, get some things we need, and just snuggle and love each other. How much better could a weekend get, I ask you???

Being married has been so wonderful. Yes, I know we haven't been married a month yet, but I just love it. I find that I am so much more patient with Bart (he's always patient with me, so not much new there) and that I make a much bigger effort to be kind and loving to him because I'm his wife now. I had decided a long time ago that I was going to take my new job as a wife very seriously. And Bart has made it clear that he is taking his job as husband and protector pretty seriously, too. We've found that we work even better than we used to at being a team, that we feel so much more selfless toward each other, and that we want to give as much as we can to our spouse to make him/her a better person. I know we will keep this up every day throughout our marriage. Maybe not all day everyday, but everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh. I must admit I'm a little jealous, Kari! California needs a gray, rainy day. So not like September weather here :(

    ReplyDelete