I always loved September. Even more so now that it doesn't mean I have to go back to school! I love the way the days turn from sultry and hot, to cool and crisp. And the way the apples turn red on the trees and pumpkins turn orange on their vines. I love coming in from a nice, cool walk outdoors to a lovely hot bowl of soup or pasta to warm me up. Is there anything better than curling up on the couch with a blanket and a cup of tea while the wind is whipping the trees outside? I didn't think so.
It has been hard this weekend to rein in my urge to go totally wild with buying autumn stuff. We did get some great decorations that we'll use for future Falls, but we somehow managed to keep from buying apples and caramel until the weather turns cooler. I'm still regretting that little bit of will-power!
I am excited to see what the city will look like during this season. In winter (especially without Christmas decorations up), the city is very dreary, mucky and cold. The warm summer weather and greenery have improved it some. It's just hard to appreciate the changing of the seasons in a big city when one has lived in the country. Especially in Upstate New York. In a little town called Cambridge. Just a short drive from the Green Mountains of Vermont. Can you tell that this weather makes me homesick?
It has been hard this weekend to rein in my urge to go totally wild with buying autumn stuff. We did get some great decorations that we'll use for future Falls, but we somehow managed to keep from buying apples and caramel until the weather turns cooler. I'm still regretting that little bit of will-power!
I am excited to see what the city will look like during this season. In winter (especially without Christmas decorations up), the city is very dreary, mucky and cold. The warm summer weather and greenery have improved it some. It's just hard to appreciate the changing of the seasons in a big city when one has lived in the country. Especially in Upstate New York. In a little town called Cambridge. Just a short drive from the Green Mountains of Vermont. Can you tell that this weather makes me homesick?
Aww. I love you Kari. So much.You describe a fairy tale Fall! I love it...and I wish I could experience it too. :) As long as you have Bart with you, all seasons will be sunny and perfect! :D <3
ReplyDelete