Thursday, September 9, 2010

Love...

There are so many things I love right now! I'd just like to mention how proud I am that I did not include ONE food item to this list, though Chipotle almost made it. It really should have made it, but shame prevented me. We won't even discuss how many times I've eaten there since we got back from NY...

Anyway, first item: East of the Sun by Julia Gregson. This is another one of my "Bargain Books" from B&N and I loved it. I mean, l.o.v.e.d it. It's about three young British women who are coming of age during the 20s in India. Mystery, love, abduction, and more for only $4.99. What a steal!

Next item: Essie Nail Polish in Starter Wife. Seriously, that is the name. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love a clever turn of phrase or name. Which is why I purchased this polish. To wear on my wedding day--I hope I'm not the only nerd here who thinks this is funny. But I really do LOVE the color. It's feminine and neatens up my nails without making them look totally fake.



My #1 favorite drink (besides water with lemon, of course), is Mr. & Mrs. T's Bold and Spicy Bloody Mary Mix. I. Love. This. Stuff. I drink one glass--virgin--nearly every night after work. I love how it is salty and spicy and it even fools me into thinking I'm filled up, which is fantastic. It's one of the little things that relaxes me. I don't love it with alcohol, though. I can't stand Vodka in it, but beer is okay.

And my latest discovery, Spiced Chai tea. I decided to buy the tea bags after reading East of the Sun since I'd only ever had it from Starbucks and in a powder form. Both were very good, but this tea is great! It gives directions on the side of the box to make it in the more traditional style, which is very sweet and boiled with milk. To be honest, I think the reason I like it so much is because it smells spicy, like Christmas. If that makes no sense to you, I'm sorry, but Christmas DOES smell spicy! No hint of Christmas Tree scent in the tea, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment