Since we are having a nice, quiet Sunday (after our weekly cleaning of the apartment, of course), I thought that I would share some pictures of the Windy City Wine Festival that Bart and I went to last weekend. He has been talking about taking me to this festival since he moved here last year. What can I say? The boy loves his wine! We arrived a bit late, so I'm sorry that some of the darker pictures came out a bit blurry!
I was excited because we were out together on a beautiful night AND it was cool enough for us to break out our fall/winter sweaters!!! I love this pictures of Bart. You can tell exactly what he was thinking (and what he said immediately after I took the picture)--"Okay, okay. Hurry up and take one! We only have 3 hours to taste all this wine!"
Bart and I were standing in line to taste wines from one of the tents when I noticed that it was getting darker. Then I noticed how beautiful the city lights looked. As much as I am sick of living in Chicago, this is one sight that I will miss seeing when we leave.
There were tons of tents all around the Buckingham Fountain plaza. Besides offering wine, there were some scattered throughout that offered food, candy, wine related products and...CIGARS!!! Bart loves to have a cigar every once in a while. Don't ask me why. But I figure, if his worst habit is smoking a cigar twice a year, I can deal with it.
Bart and I had some really great wines. It was so fun to taste all of the REALLY expensive stuff since it is something that we'll probably never be able to afford. My favorites were two champagnes--Rosa Regale and a cheap one I can't remember the name of that tasted like marzipan. We had such a blast sharing the excitement of the night with each other and then sharing a burger after the festival was over. It was certainly one of the best dates we've had!
No comments:
Post a Comment