Sometimes the loneliness I feel here is more than I can bear. I have my Bart, but there is no one else I can really talk to or do things with. It can be so hard. It's one of the reasons why I'm so thrilled to be moving back home in May. I can be around people I have known my whole life--friends I'm missing and family, mainly. And it will be good to be in the country again. City life just doesn't agree with me. Or maybe it's this city that doesn't agree with me.
It will be so nice to have plans again. Plans that don't include Bart and his friends. I love being with my husband, but sometimes a girl needs to get out and be with her girlfriends, you know? Bart and I can get so short with each other because we spend practically all of our free time together. We were never a couple who wanted to spend every waking moment in each other's company because we tend to, after a while, get on each other's nerves. But, I don't want to be left here alone all the time while Bart goes out and has fun with his friends, and Bart feels bad leaving me by myself and is torn between going out and staying home. It's just a stinky situation.
I get so moody being stuck here in this apartment. You might think it is super easy to get around this city, because, you know, I'm sitting right in the middle of it, but it's not true. The blistering, blinding wind/cold are enough to keep anyone indoors. It doesn't help that, since we don't have a car, we have to stand in the cold wind to wait for any kind of transportation to take us from A to B. And when I do get out, it is usually to the grocery store (NOT my favorite place). If I go to a store where I actually want to shop, Bart is with me and he hates shopping in general almost as much as I had grocery shopping. He usually ends up at a cafe or bookstore to hang around while I shop alone. It's sad. I feel like I don't have anyone to really enjoy things with. Well, not the girl things, anyway.
It's so hard to be removed from everything you know and take comfort from to be in a place you don't like.
It will be so nice to have plans again. Plans that don't include Bart and his friends. I love being with my husband, but sometimes a girl needs to get out and be with her girlfriends, you know? Bart and I can get so short with each other because we spend practically all of our free time together. We were never a couple who wanted to spend every waking moment in each other's company because we tend to, after a while, get on each other's nerves. But, I don't want to be left here alone all the time while Bart goes out and has fun with his friends, and Bart feels bad leaving me by myself and is torn between going out and staying home. It's just a stinky situation.
I get so moody being stuck here in this apartment. You might think it is super easy to get around this city, because, you know, I'm sitting right in the middle of it, but it's not true. The blistering, blinding wind/cold are enough to keep anyone indoors. It doesn't help that, since we don't have a car, we have to stand in the cold wind to wait for any kind of transportation to take us from A to B. And when I do get out, it is usually to the grocery store (NOT my favorite place). If I go to a store where I actually want to shop, Bart is with me and he hates shopping in general almost as much as I had grocery shopping. He usually ends up at a cafe or bookstore to hang around while I shop alone. It's sad. I feel like I don't have anyone to really enjoy things with. Well, not the girl things, anyway.
It's so hard to be removed from everything you know and take comfort from to be in a place you don't like.
Aw lady, I totally feel you. That's how I feel about Maine. I have one girlfriend here and she has three kids and a full time job. She's so busy that it's hard to get any girl time in. It's super cold and windy here too so being outside is downright miserable. Ross and I get annoyed with each other too when we spend too much time together, I think it's normal...or at least I hope it is! haha I'm so glad you get to move back in May, I'm not sure if we'll ever get to move back home (just because of job opportunities there). Hang in there, you're almost there!! *hugs*
ReplyDelete