I haven't done one of these posts in a while, so I thought it was about time I put some of my favorite things up here.

This was one of the best mystery novels I've read in a long time--and another of my B&N Bargain books. It's set England during the mid-twenties (I looooove period novels) and there are thrills on every page. "It is the story of an aristocratic family, a house, a mysterious death and a vanishing way of life, told by a woman who witnessed it all and kept a secret for a lifetime." Love, betrayal, murder, lies, secrets--this book has it all!

People might think PBS stinks, but I LOVE it! Masterpiece Theatre and Masterpiece Mystery are my absolute favorite things to watch. Why? Because nearly all of the films are PERIOD films!!! What's great about Masterpiece Theatre? British period films from my favorite novels, like Pride and Prejudice (not the crappy and completely tainted Keira Knightly version), Emma, and Tess of the d'Urbervilles. And the best thing about Masterpiece Mystery? Eighty percent of the films shown are Agatha Christie's stories. If you like murder-mysteries, you must read Agatha Christie. She is still known as one of the literary world's best crime novelists.

Just tell me what is not to love about $2.99 bottles of wine that actually taste good. And organic and exciting/exotic foods that are super cheap--who doesn't want that? There is so much great food to try and the prices are so great that I never feel guilty about buying something just to taste it.

I couldn't find a picture of my favorite sushi restaurant, Sushi Para II, but I did find this photo of some of their sushi. I could literally sit there all day long and order plate after plate of deliciously prepared sushi--which is, in fact, what I do when we go out to eat there. Why? Four words, people: All. You. Can. Eat. For $18. AND it's BYOB. I swear these people cringe when they see me walk in the door.

Bart and I won this game at this Christmas' "White Elephant" Christmas party with the Student Association. It doesn't look like much, but it is a game that we CANNOT stop playing. It's super easy to play, and since all we need are the dice, paper and a pen, we can play it in bed or on the floor with Roscoe running around (because, apparently, the only thing he isn't interested in chewing on are the dice).
Now, if only I could be playing Farkle with Bart, stuffing my face with sushi (but not sharing with Bart, because, come on, it's sushi), while watching Masterpiece Mystery and eating some Trader Joe's snacks, then ending the night with The House at Riverton, life would be just about perfect!

This was one of the best mystery novels I've read in a long time--and another of my B&N Bargain books. It's set England during the mid-twenties (I looooove period novels) and there are thrills on every page. "It is the story of an aristocratic family, a house, a mysterious death and a vanishing way of life, told by a woman who witnessed it all and kept a secret for a lifetime." Love, betrayal, murder, lies, secrets--this book has it all!

People might think PBS stinks, but I LOVE it! Masterpiece Theatre and Masterpiece Mystery are my absolute favorite things to watch. Why? Because nearly all of the films are PERIOD films!!! What's great about Masterpiece Theatre? British period films from my favorite novels, like Pride and Prejudice (not the crappy and completely tainted Keira Knightly version), Emma, and Tess of the d'Urbervilles. And the best thing about Masterpiece Mystery? Eighty percent of the films shown are Agatha Christie's stories. If you like murder-mysteries, you must read Agatha Christie. She is still known as one of the literary world's best crime novelists.

Just tell me what is not to love about $2.99 bottles of wine that actually taste good. And organic and exciting/exotic foods that are super cheap--who doesn't want that? There is so much great food to try and the prices are so great that I never feel guilty about buying something just to taste it.
I couldn't find a picture of my favorite sushi restaurant, Sushi Para II, but I did find this photo of some of their sushi. I could literally sit there all day long and order plate after plate of deliciously prepared sushi--which is, in fact, what I do when we go out to eat there. Why? Four words, people: All. You. Can. Eat. For $18. AND it's BYOB. I swear these people cringe when they see me walk in the door.

Bart and I won this game at this Christmas' "White Elephant" Christmas party with the Student Association. It doesn't look like much, but it is a game that we CANNOT stop playing. It's super easy to play, and since all we need are the dice, paper and a pen, we can play it in bed or on the floor with Roscoe running around (because, apparently, the only thing he isn't interested in chewing on are the dice).
Now, if only I could be playing Farkle with Bart, stuffing my face with sushi (but not sharing with Bart, because, come on, it's sushi), while watching Masterpiece Mystery and eating some Trader Joe's snacks, then ending the night with The House at Riverton, life would be just about perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment