Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday

Today I woke up to a cold, gray day. You know the kind--where the light that comes in through the windows is at the same time very clear and almost dark. I don't know why, but I love days like this. Maybe it's because when I was growing up, my Mom would always say how wonderful it was to be in a nice, warm, cozy house when the weather outside was terrible. I, like her, also love laying in bed and night and listening to the wind howling outdoors--it makes me feel so snug in bed.

So, I got out of bed, had a little breakfast and got to work on dinner. I decided to use my crock-pot to make Chicken and Dumplings (Bart's favorite) instead of waiting until dinnertime to cook because I wanted the whole apartment to smell like boiling chicken and onions. Because, clearly, the delicious smell of food cooking is the only thing that can make a wonderful cold, gray day even better!

I have spent the rest of my day on the couch watching PBS' The Agatha Christie Code which was AMAZING! It discussed her writing style and experts and scientists agree that it seems she actually was able to hypnotize her readers with her words enough to put them into a sort of trance--the kind where you think you've only been reading for ten minutes, but look up and see it's been an hour. But I digress.... Anyway, they are also having a mini-marathon of her stories that have been made into movies. I've just watched The Blue Hyacinth and I'm now settling into Murder on the Orient Express!

Isn't it the most wonderful feeling when everything about your day just falls into place? It isn't often that I have a truly exceptional day like this and I don't intend to waste it!

No comments:

Post a Comment