Thursday, January 27, 2011

Feelin' Good

Things are kind of going down the toilet around here:

1. One of my co-workers is going out of her way to make my life miserable. Too bad she doesn't get paid based on how big of a butthead she is.

2. I hardly get to spend any time with Bart (we basically just sleep in the same bed now) because he is constantly studying for the Board exams he will take in mid-March. Our weekends are gone, too, because he is at school from 8:30am-9:30pm at super expensive review sessions and test-taking tutorials. I live for the day after Boards.

3. I have two redbox DVD's that I rented TWO WEEKS AGO that I still haven't returned, so I will now be charged $30 when I finally do return them. So much for saving myself money. Sigh. (Thank you, broken wrist).

4. The doctors can't decide if my wrist is broken or not. The fracture is on one x-ray, but not the other, etc. so I have to keep going to tons of appointments and getting more x-rays. I'm terrified to see what my bills are going to be like.

5. I haven't been grocery shopping in over a month. For. Serious. So, don't get sick with the flu and a sinus infection and then break your wrist because you'll end up paying through the nose for take-out, or live on chip crumbs and oatmeal.

But you know what, people? I am feeling GOOD! I am just a few days in to this Bible study and it is already fueling me and uplifting me in ways I had certainly not expected! Last night, Bart even read the day's verses and we talked about them before we fell asleep. It was wonderful because it helped us open up to each other and connect in our few moments together. I am also feeling more peace at work, even with my HORRIBLE co-worker being her HORRIBLE self. How can I even express how amazing that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment