Thursday, January 13, 2011

Home Alone--Chicago Style!

Tonight marks the first time Bart and I have been apart since we got married. It's also the first time I've had to be alone in this apartment--yikes! Bart had to go to an American Optometry Student Association Board meeting in St. Louis since he's is the Trustee for his school. I can't tell you how much I miss him and how frightened I am to be left alone here.

All I can think about is the crime rate in the city. I used to feel safe since we live on the third floor (who wants to climb five flights of stairs to rob someone, anyway??), but a co-worker, who also lives on the third floor of her building, told me that she was robbed twice!. And you know what? I don't even have a bat or a golf club here to defend myself with. It looks like I'm going to have to sleep with my biggest kitchen knife next to my bed for a little comfort. Wouldn't it be nice if I was creative enough to come up with do-it-yourself bad-guy catcher stuff like Macaulay Caulkin? Sadly, we've put all our ornaments away and I don't own matchbox cars.

On the other hand, though, I think it will be really great for us to have some time apart. Like I said in an earlier blog, Bart and I have been spending waaaay too much time together. I mean, I love being with the guy, but it is so hard not to get on each others nerves when we are together constantly. So tonight when I got out of work, I came home, changed, and went to the grocery store to get some junk food (which I'll regret come Sunday...) and TWO DVD's from the redbox!! And there is Period (like time period, people) movie marathon on Ovation this weekend, which I will be watching in full with zero grumbling from my darling husband! I'm a wild woman, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment