Today was the BEST day ever! Bart and I spent the entire day together walking around the city and just enjoying ourselves and the beautiful (and incredibly hot) weather.
We met a bunch of Bart's friends downtown at a Persian restaurant to try their afternoon buffet. The food was delicious and the atmosphere of the restaurant was fantastic. We had falafel, this amazing chicken stew, lamb and other stuff that I couldn't identify. They also served the best REAL lemonade I have tasted in a long time.
After lunch, we decided to finally go and get Bart's birthday gift at Sport's Authority. I bought him a $180 tennis racket for $60. What a deal! He was so cute after we left the store. All he wanted to do in the whole world was play with his new racket and wear the new gym shorts he bought.
We also got in a LOT of exercising today. We must have walked at least 2 miles from the Persian restaurant to our apartment today. Once we got home, we changed out of our sweaty clothes, rested a bit and then we walked a mile to Kay Jewelers to pick out wedding bands!!!
Everyone at the store was so nice and answered all of my (sometimes insane) questions about wedding bands. Bart found a band he liked pretty quickly, but it was very expensive--$700. I had a harder time finding something that I wanted, but the sales ladies were super patient with me and tried so hard to understand what it was that I had in mind. They found me a beautiful wedding band--it's 3/8 carat diamonds on a pronged band that fits nicely against my odd shaped engagement ring. And do you want to know what the BEST part is??? IT WAS ON SALE!!!!!!! I got a wedding band made of diamonds for a price much lower than Bart's plain gold band! I'm SO thrilled to have picked out my band because I can check that off of my list. The bad news is that I had to leave my engagement ring with them for, at most, two weeks to have it re-coated in rhodium so that it will really shine just like my wedding band. I HATE not having my engagement ring. I did get a ton of compliments on it though, and it was nice to have Bart there to hear them for once. He looked so pleased when the lady appraising the ring gushed over how beautiful it is.
Anyway, after picking out the ring, Bart and I decided to celebrate by having margaritas and guacamole at our favorite Mexican place, Adobo. We sat outside on the sidewalk "patio" to eat and talk. I had such a wonderful time just enjoying Bart and the weather. Have you ever felt so loved, so content and so happy that you thought you might just burst? That's how I felt alllll day today. And it really must have showed because when Bart and I were waiting in line to get ice cream, an old man ahead of us turned around when Bart was hugging me and giving me a kiss on the forehead and said, "Now that is true love!"
It is.
AAAWWWWW!!!!! I love this post! :`)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet.
Love you!