Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter

This morning Bart and I began preparing for our Easter dinner. Since I made a ham a little while ago (and there was so much we ate it forever), we decided we'd do something other than the traditional meal. We're having home-made pork dumplings with honey-soy dipping sauce!

The recipe I got is really great because it begins as a Hawaiian Pulled Pork recipe. You are supposed to eat the pulled pork sandwiches one day, and the make the potstickers with the left over meat the next day. Since Bart and I are HUGE dumpling/potsticker fans, we're skipping the sandwiches and making a ton of dumplings.

We are also having our little Easter dinner tonight since I have to work early Monday morning. Tomorrow, we'll do Easter baskets, read the Bible and, hopefully, watch The Passion of the Christ. I kind of like the way we are breaking it up into two days so that Sunday we can really think about the true meaning of Easter and the sacrifice Jesus made for us. I'm really, really looking forward to watching the movie again--I haven't seen it since it was in theaters. I remember it being completely heartbreaking, beautiful, and powerful all at the same time. I don't think I have ever cried so hard during a movie before.

Anyway, since I probably won't post tomorrow, have a blessed Easter Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Kari! This post was not only amazing, but it made me super hungry! hehe.
    I have always wanted to watch that movie, but I feel like I dont have enough courage from the clips I have seen. I know it is wonderful though!
    I love the sound of all your guys' Easter plans. You will have a great one!
    -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should watch it! It made me feel so much closer to Jesus both times I watched it. And it even made one man confess to murder when it came out in theaters. Anyway, I miss you and I love you!

    ReplyDelete