I'm feeling so overwhelmed with all of this wedding planning! It seems that the harder I try to get things in order, the faster our wedding date approaches.
Today Bart and I sat down after breakfast and decided that we are going to break our entire To-Do List down into two-week chunks. Every smaller list has to be completed in two weeks or less. I really hope his little idea works, because I'm really beginning to worry about getting stuff done in time.
Anyway, in other wedding news, I hate the wedding band I bought. I think that I just got wrapped up in the idea of buying one and checking it off of the list (and I'm sure I got distracted by the glittery diamonds, too). The jeweler said that I can return it, no problem, and that they will be happy to custom make a wedding band for me, which was what I had planned to do in the first place. It stinks because they'll have to keep my engagement ring for 1-2 weeks, again, which means that I'll have ended up without it for a total of one month when all of this is said and done. My advice to girls checking out engagement rings? PICK THE SIMPLE STYLES!!! It's so much easier to find wedding bands when your engagement ring is a) simple and b) not an awkward shape. But don't get me wrong, I have the most beautiful engagement ring in the world :)
Today, Bart and I are (finally) heading to Michael's to check out centerpiece stuff so that I can make a decision and have everything ordered and shipped home. It will be nice to check some more things off of my list, but I honestly feel like when I check one thing off, three new things that I need to do pop up! I don't know if I'll ever feel like I'm moving forward on this! One great thing is that my friend, Maria, insists that after her honeymoon is over, she take on some of my planning. That will be a HUGE help, especially since she lives in Albany and I know that I can count on her to do what I need her to do.
As for now, I'm going to finalize everything at David's Bridal and then send out a mass email to my bridesmaids to go buy their dresses. And then maybe I'll call a florist. And then shower. Before rushing to Michael's so we get there before closing time. Do you see why life is so stressful???
No comments:
Post a Comment