This is (another) venting post. The big news this time is that Bart, finally, got ahold of his family minister to schedule our final meeting before the wedding and to discuss the rehearsal times. Apparently, this is when the minister decided to drop a bomb on us: not only are he and his wife (whom we invited) coming to our wedding, but now his FIVE children are, too. FIVE. Can I just tell you how pissed off this makes me because we had to drastically scale back our wedding list to just one hundred people due to budget issues? And now we tack on FIVE little kids that we a) don't know and b) don't want there and c) now have to feed. He even asked Bart if there was "anything special" going on for the kids coming to the wedding. The only kids coming are my 9 year old cousin who is reading and Bart's two little cousins who are our flower girls. No, sir, I am NOT hiring a babysitter for your kids that you insist on bringing with you.
What is wrong with people? Why do people think that it is totally okay to bring everyone they know to a wedding? Don't they know that we probably have a budget for this wedding??? NOT TO MENTION the rehearsal dinner, which we have already budgeted for. We can't just raise the guest list to 40 just for him. What the hell am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to take money out of my own savings (that hasn't already been spent on the wedding) and pay for his kids to eat at a dinner they were never supposed to go to? Do I call the innkeeper and force her to allow five extra kids into our reception after I already fought her for Jack, Felicity and Aiyla? This is not what I needed to have dumped on me just a few weeks before my wedding.
I'm sorry, Kari. :( I totally understand why you would be frustrated...
ReplyDelete