Saturday, July 10, 2010

Books

I am looking forward to a boring weekend. A weekend (for me, a day and a half) of reading, movie watching and, minimal, wedding planning. Unfortunately, I finished my box of B&N Bargain Books about a month ago and have had to resort--again--to re-reading some. Which is fine, I love to read books 2,3 or even 10 (Pride & Prejudice) times. I just don't love to read them immediately after I finish. I'm doing my best to scrimp and save here and there to come up with enough money for another load of books.

Is there anything better than a quiet day of just laying around reading a new or favorite book and eating a huge jar of pickles? I didn't think so. I told Bart the other day that I couldn't wait for him to finally become a doctor so that I can order books more often without worrying so much about the fact that the money I spent could have been used elsewhere. He responded with, "Once I become a doctor, you can order ALL the books you want, whenever you want." That boy sure knows the way to my heart <3

I've been thinking about trying to find some Agatha Christie books to read. I've been watching her stories on PBS's Masterpiece Mystery every week and I just love Miss Marple. But then I love just about anything British/European. Anyway, I do need some other ideas, so if you have a favorite book, author or have heard of a good book, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I'm not sure if you'll like it but I just finished "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave. It's a little heavy but it's a beautiful story. I pretty much love any Jodi Picoult book (i'm re-reading one of hers right now). Then if you need a good "beach" book that doesn't take a whole lot of thinking I love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. There are 16 books so far and it's about this woman, Stephanie, who becomes a bounty hunter and she gets herself into all sorts of funny situations. It's a little romance, "who done it," comedic series. Totally recommend them! Happy reading and enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ordered on of Evanovich's "Plum" books today. It looks like she gets really great reviews!

    ReplyDelete