Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth

Bart and I had a great Fourth of July yesterday. It was a little bit sad since we didn't have our friends and family from home with us to celebrate the birth of our country, but we made sure we had fun.
I woke up to a pretty surprise from Bart. Let's just hope that I a) don't kill it and/or b) it is able to get enough sunlight from our windows.
After we spent some of the afternoon reading the paper (Bart) and reading a book (me), we decided to go for a walk in the (sweltering) sun. We ended up wandering to the Lincoln Park Zoo, which is really pretty much outside of our door--and free! We wandered through the zoo for a while, but left pretty quickly since most of the animals were too hot to hang around outside where we could see them. Poor things! We did manage to get a couple of photos, though.






Like I said, we didn't get to see too many animals, but there is always the city "wildlife."

Anyway, after the Zoo, Bart and I decided to walk to the Lincoln Park Conservatory to look at the beautiful flowers and plants they have. Because we came from the Zoo, we walked through the Victorian garden that was planted in front of the Conservatory. It was so beautiful! Now, I should tell you that this is exactly where Bart brought me my first whole day in Chicago, but that was in November. No flowers, no butterflies. I was so thrilled to see the gardens full of life and to sit on a bench and people watch--just like the first day I was here.





And while we were there, we saw a bride and groom having their wedding pictures being taken in the gardens! I got so excited that I practically dragged Bart closer so I could take pictures of the happy couple, too.



Is that dress just stunning? I am seriously thinking I chose the wrong dress for myself. And what a beautiful place to have wedding pictures taken! I always love seeing couples having their wedding pictures taken in the city because it reminds me that there is a light at the end of this hellish tunnel that is Wedding Planning and that I'll get to enjoy my day with Bart when it finally arrives.

So, even though Bart and I didn't grill or even make it to the fireworks display (we were exhausted), we still had a lovely Fourth. I hope yours was great, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment