Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wedding Nightmares

Bart and I will be getting married in exactly one month and three days (eeeek!!!). This means that I have had a huge jump in wedding nightmares in the last week. And by huge jump, I mean one every other night instead of one per week. I guess I can forget the beauty sleep. Yikes.

At first these dreams were just plain weird, but they have gotten scarier and more realistic by the month. This week, one of my nightmares was about the infamous wedding bands. In the dream, I went to the jeweler's to pick up the finished wedding band, along with my engagement ring, only to find that the jeweler had destroyed my original engagement ring. He had two particular wedding band designs in mind that did not go with my ring, so he created two other engagement rings--one to match each of the new wedding bands. I woke up shaking and crying and filled with an overwhelming sense of panic about how I was going to tell Bart what happened to the ring he gave me. It took me a full minute to realize that it had all been a (very) bad dream.

Last night I had a horrible dream in which I realized, the day of my wedding, that I had NEVER gone back for any of my dress fittings. Which meant that, not only did I not have the dress, but it wasn't going to fit me at all. There were also a ton of other things going wrong, but I don't remember what they were. My family forced me to get my hair and make-up done, telling me that the dress didn't matter, but at the same time, whispering behind my back that I was stupid, unprepared and foolish to forget about it. I woke up at that point, again, crying, sweating and filled with panic.

I wish I knew that dreams like this were normal. Could it be weird to dream that you are walking down the aisle and NO ONE cares? That everyone is talking to each other and dressed in shorts and t-shirts?

In related news, Bart and I still don't have our plane tickets. To our own wedding. Our rehearsal dinner is still not finalized. I still don't have an appointment for a hair trial at the salon (thanks, Traci). Oh, and I still have to order alllllllllll of the stuff for the non-floral centerpieces. AHHHHH!

I feel like I won't get a good night's sleep until my wedding night.

No comments:

Post a Comment