Thursday, July 22, 2010

Outdoor TV

Last night, as Bart and I were getting ready to go to bed, I heard a man talking outside under our living room window. I forget what he said, but it apparently sounded interesting at the time because I went over to take a look. There were two police officers outside directing traffic away from the street we live on. I'm guessing that they needed one of the streets nearby to film a scene for the new Transformers movie (they've been fliming alllll over the city). Don't ask me what was so super entertaining about it, but Bart and I sat on the couch and watched all of the goings-on on the street for about 40 minutes before going to bed.

Anyway, it kind of made me wonder if that's what people did before TV and radios. There was not one exciting thing going on outside beyond the occasional near accident because of stupid Chicago cab drivers, but we just couldn't tear ourselves away. It was so neat to be able to clearly see what was going on and hear what people were saying down below and know that they didn't know we were watching. Almost like it wasn't quite real. Like it was just a bunch of actors on a television show. I wonder what will be "on" tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment