Good news! I have actually found a job that I LIKE!
This week I began working at the IEI in the Registration department and, so far, I absolutely love it! The difference between this job and the Legal Assistant job is unbelieveable--I'm not miserable/exhausted at the end of an 8 hour day. In fact, I work 10hrs. two days and 11hrs. one day, and I'm beat, but I'm still HAPPY at the end. How great is that?
The people I work with are pretty nice and there is only one woman there that I don't like too much, but it's definitely not a big deal. All of the women working at the front desk with me love to laugh and have fun and joke around, so it is a really laid back environment. Most of the patients we register and pretty nice, too. Although I've had a few run-ins so far, but that's to be expected.
Marina, the woman training me, told me yesterday (technically my second day actually working) that she is so "proud" of how "great" I'm doing and she's going to tell my supervisor. This work comes much more easily to me. Maybe it is because of the friendly environment and because I don't have a horrible person breathing down the back of my neck.
Anyway, the only problem I do have with this job is the crappy schedule. I work Mon and Tues 8:30-6:30, Wed 8:30-7:30, Fri I have off, and Sat I work from 8:30-1:30. Saturday is what I most hate, mainly because now I only get one day of the week to really spend with Bart, and he has tests every Tuesday, so he studies on Sundays. Oh well. Oh yeah, and I have to wake up at 6:30 on Saturday mornings in order to get ready to get to the train so I can be to work on time. Bart says jts about an hour ride on the train to get to the IEI. Yuck!
It's good to be happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment