Thursday, March 4, 2010

Stuck.

So I just got off the phone with a French art curator--I was applying for a job with her--and she asked me one really tough question: "Would you continue your education if someone else paid for it?"

Wow. And the worst part was, I couldn't give her an answer. I would be continuing my education right now if I knew what it was that I wanted to be. But I don't. Which is why I was spending my time applying to a (very) part time position as this lady's assistant instead of a better paying job doing something else.

I just feel so lost when I think about what I want to be--shouldn't someone my age know what she wants to do with herself? I feel so stuck when I think about how I can't seem to find a job, or a job I can suffer through, anyway, here in Chicago. When am I going to get out of this rut and get started LIVING my life?

And do you know what else stinks? I don't even know how to take charge and turn these things around! All I do is wish that I was independently wealthy so that I wouldn't have to worry about all of this, but that isn't realistic and it is a waste of my time.

I guess all I can do is keep praying that something will happen and trying to stay positive while I job hunt and horde my money. On the bright side, the one thing I CAN take control of is my own health. I recently ordered the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD and I am excited to get back into shape and start eating healthy so that I look nice on my wedding day. (The wedding is another place that I feel stuck--because everything is too expensive for us to get right now!!!)

1 comment:

  1. It will be ok kari :) It can be hard sometimes to know where you are meant to go. But just know that the Lord has a plan! We will be praying for you.
    And dont ever hesitate to call us. We love talking with you.
    Love,
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete