Life is pretty boring. Bart has been so busy the past two weeks with studying, preparing for the Optometry's Meeting in Orlando, organizing the Quiz Bowl, and working on a scholarship project that I hardly have any time to spend with him. I keep trying to remind myself that it's only temporary and that things will be a lot easier when the Quiz Bowl is over. I do love the fact that Bart is so involved in school and optometric life. It's kind of comforting to know that he really, truly loves the profession he has chosen for himself. I would hate for him to have to work at a job he hated just to support a family.
Bart is someone I really admire. He works so hard at each and everything he does and he constantly creates and meets personal goals. He makes me wish that I had something in my life that I was as passionate about. I wish that I had the will power to meet my own goals. (P.S. I'm failing miserably to work out religiously and loose weight). And you know what else? Everything he does, he does with our future in mind. He wants so badly to start up his own practice, not only because it is a personal goal for him, but because he knows that his own practice would be the only way he'd be able to truly enjoy a family. Instead of having to work the crappy hours, he could make his own and be around for every milestone.
Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that, though I may complain about not getting to spend time with Bart every day, I'm glad that I'm sacrificing a little time with him now so that we'll have lots of time together later when it really counts.
No comments:
Post a Comment