Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend, Wedding, Ball.

First of all, Saturday was not St. Patrick's day as I had been lead to believe. I can thank Bart and the city of Chicago celebrating early for that one.

Anyway, yesterday was a pretty nice day. Bart and I went for a 2 mile power walk (well, I power walked and got out of breath and sweat, Bart just walked) so I could get some exercise and we could spend a little time together enjoying the sunshine. It was nice to walk off allllll of the frustration I have been carrying around with me for the past week. I think I get that from my Mom--whenever I am really upset about something, I walk really fast. Just like she did. It was nice to be able to let go of everything that was piling up around me, you know?

Also, I had a mini panic attack yesterday because I realized that it was exactly 5 months away from our wedding day and I still have so much to do! I have a huge list of things I need to get done, but I have been able to cross off two big things this weekend, which is pretty great. We secured a DJ who seems fantastic and doesn't charge and arm and a leg and I was finally able to figure out my flowers with the help of a florist here in the city. All I need to do now is contact a florist back home and get an estimate and send a deposit! I think I'm going to try working on that today. Then I can chip away at the other things that need to get done (i.e., wedding rings, bridesmaids dresses, boutinneres, wedding shoes for me, etc.) It's a long list.

Bart and I are attending an upcoming event for his school. It's this big fancy dinner thing called, and I swear I'm not lying, the Eye Ball. Seriously. Anyway, I went last year and it was lots of fun and the food was great. It's being held at the Aqarium this year, which I think will be a lot more fun than the Planetarium was. I ordered a dress last week from JCREW for the event. Here's the dress if anyone wants to see it:

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/dresses/weddingsparties/PRDOVR~62983/99101857187/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~20+17+4294967113~90~~~~~~~/62983.jsp

I wanted the dress in Wisteria, but they were sold out of that color in my size, so I got the Warm Fig, which I love. AND, I got 30% and free shipping because I spent $150 (I bought a t-shirt to bring me up to that price), so my entire purchase cost less than the dress itself before tax! YAY! Now I just need to get shoes to match and maybe a great, cheap piece of jewelry from H&M and I'm all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment