As I write this I'm eating a huge piece of cornbread for breakfast. Yum! Is there anything more delicious in the morning than cornbread? Roscoe is eating his breakfast treat of four baby carrots and it sounds like he is relishing every bite. He has such an expressive little face--he keeps looking at me like "MMMM!! GOOD!!" He cracks me up.
Today I have a goal other than applying for more jobs. I am going to cancel my bank account back home and open one here in Chicago. I've been putting this off for weeks because I couldn't settle on a bank. There are so many here! Then we got a little coupon in the mail for one bank that promises $150 cash if you open a checking account with them--and this bank is located directly across the street from our apartment! What luck! Everyone complains about how I can't make decisions and that I procrastinate, but today it paid off!
Back to the job front: Still no email or phone calls, but I guess I really can't expect any until February. The only thing I can do is hope and pray that something works out. Soon. And continue to apply to tons of jobs.
Bart called this morning to tell me about his schedule for the day. He has meetings from 8am-4pm, but he gets free food the whole time so I don't really feel that bad for him. He also told me that the maintenance man is coming to fix one of the light fixtures in the kitchen. We have three recessed lights in the ceiling in the kitchen that have gone out and need to be replaced. Apparently that is our responsibility. This really ticked me off since we have 10 foot ceilings, no ladder and I can't even begin to imagine where we would get bulbs in the appropriate shape. Bart is going to have to climb onto the counter and see if he can reach the lights that way, which is so dangerous. Ugh. Landlords stink.
No comments:
Post a Comment