Monday, January 25, 2010

Busy!

Things have been so busy around here!

I've been cleaning like a mad-woman (don't ask me why) and spending tons of time online applying for jobs, Bart has been studying his brains out for tests, working at the IEI cornea clinic, and trying to get in the odd Racquetball workout. We went to something like a conference to learn more about a possible job for me and then spent Saturday evening playing games with our roommate Jason and friend Tommy.

This past week just completely breezed right by. I think it has a lot to do with how busy everyone is--except me. I haven't been able to really enjoy Bart in nearly three weeks because of the tests he's been having and because he studies so much. On Saturday we went all the way to Oakbrook to go to a convention in the hopes of learning more about a potential job for me. We were up at 6:30am, left here at 8am and were at the convention until about 11:30. When we got home, we were so exhausted that we took a nap. I woke up first and kind of puttered around the apartment while Bart studied. He promised that we'd do something--just the two of us--that night when he was finished. Unfortunately, Tommy called and asked if he could come over and spend some time with us. Now, I love Tommy--he's wonderful, it's just that I wanted to snuggle up with Bart and watch a movie and talk. I hate saying "no" to Tommy because I don't like to think that he's alone. He is the friend of Bart's who recently broke up with his long-time girlfriend.

Anyway, the four of us (and Roscoe) had a really great time playing games all night. We played Taboo for quite a while and laughed at how funny we were trying to describe the word on the card. After that, we played Scattegories, which is a favorite of mine. Everyone seemed to really like it, and we were hysterical over some of Bart and Jason's answers.

Even though I didn't get to spend alone time with Bart, I'm happy that I got to spend quality time with a small group of great people!

No comments:

Post a Comment