Bart just left. And I feel like I am going to cry. I hate, hate, HATE being without Bart! The fact that he has to fly to St. Louis doesn't make me feel any better. I am always so afraid the the plane I, or a loved one, am flying on is going to go down. I really don't know how I would survive if anything ever happened to Bart. Ugh. Feeling so sad/upset/nervous is the worst. I will feel a lot better once he makes it to the meeting and he's off the plane.
At least I still have Roscoe to snuggle with. Unfortunately, he's been very naughty lately and has spent lots of time in his cage. He has at least 5 toys and an apple wood stick he can chew on, but he prefers the furniture. And the worst part is that he chews on our things intentionally! It is almost like have a little two year old in the apartment. If Bug (Roscoe's nickname) doesn't think I'm paying him enough attention, and nipping at my ankles hasn't worked, he will hop over to a chair or the couch and chew loud enough for me to hear and then TURN AROUND AND SEE IF I'M LOOKING!!! Can you believe the nerve? It drives me nuts. And I mean legitimately crazy. One day the men in white coats are going to come and cart me away. It's a darn good thing Bug is cute!
Yesterday I took a look at my finances and I'm a bit worried. I have been living in Chicago since November 7th and have yet to find a job--which means that I'm getting low on money. Bart and I kind of panicked last night and scoured the internet for jobs I could apply to. Our system actually ended up working out SO well. Bart sat next to me and searched for jobs in our area, which consisted of anything I would be able to do, on his laptop. Then he emailed the ones he found in batches of 3-4. I sat with my laptop and changed up my resume and pumped out cover letters for the jobs he sent. I ended up applying to three extra jobs! And--I had a brain wave. I copied and pasted my original resume and saved it with the changes I made, then labeled it for whatever type of job it was for. I also saved my cover letter template. This way, I only have to make a very few changes each time I apply to something and hopefully I'll be able to get my information out to more jobs in less time. I guess it's a good thing that Bart's friend will be moving in at the end of February!
I absolutely love the way Bart and I can work together. It makes me feel so good to know that I have someone backing me up 100% in everything I do. He makes me feel so loved. He loves me in a way I hadn't been loved since my mom died. Each night I thank God for bringing Bart into my life and ask Him to protect him. All I can do endeavor to deserve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment