Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Need a Life? I do.

So I have decided that I would like to join a book club. I'd love to read all week and meet with a group to have a glass of wine and snacks and have a great discussion. Not that it matters, because I haven't heard about any book clubs in the area. But it would be nice. I'll keep an eye out for flyers or something.

I tried to start a little book club with Bart when we lived in Plattsburgh. It didn't work out. He would only read half of each book and decide that he knew enough or that it was boring. So we never got to discuss the text or the writing style or the story line or any underlying meaning. That is something that I really miss about college. I hated having tons of homework, and some of the books stunk, but at least I got to converse about it!

It's really tough having nothing to do all day and I'm really not sure what to do about a hobby. Bart's mom bought me jewelry making tools a couple of years ago for Christmas--maybe I should start making jewelry. One of my friends makes beautiful jewelry and she claims it's very therapeutic. It would be fun to create something new every day. Maybe I'll call Dad and have him send out all of the stuff so I can get started.

In other news, Bart is going to St. Louis tomorrow afternoon through Sunday for some Optometric meeting. This will be the first time I'll be alone since I moved here. Wait, I tell a lie. I won't be alone. Our roommate will be here--and Roscoe. I don't know what I'm going to do for four days. Having no job or life means that Bart coming home every night is the highlight of my day. Oh well. It's something that I'll need to get used to since he's got three more trips this year. See? Just one more reason that I NEED to find a job.

2 comments:

  1. perfect time to start reading those books we talked about :)
    I love you so much Kari. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! We should start a little online book club or something!

    ReplyDelete