Well folks (by "folks" I mean Alyssa and Branyn), I got the Legal Assistant job that I vented about yesterday.
The Senior Partner called last night to offer me the position along with a two week trial period. I wish I could say that I was excited, but I wasn't. As it happened, I had been complaining to Bart about the fact that they made me hang around all day, so I wasn't really in a celebratory mood. Bart was absolutely thrilled, as were my dad and Grammie. I start Monday at 9am.
In other news, I have a very busy weekend ahead of me. I need to go out and buy at least 4 more blouses to wear to my new job (I only have one as of now and I wore it to the interview), I need to buy a date book so that I can work my schedule around Bart's and the lawyers', and I NEED to get a bus/train card so that I can commute alone on the days Jason and Bart can't drop me off. I probably ought to get a lunch box or something, too, but I'll just use paper for now. I hate the way lunch boxes tend to stink like whatever food was kept in them. And, unfortunately, I like stinky food.
Anyway, I have decided that when Bart and I get out this weekend, I am going to bring my camera and take pictures of the city and of us so that I can post them here. Pictures always make things more interesting.
No news yet on the wedding/honeymoon debacle, but I had a great talk with my Aunt Jayne about everything, which helped A LOT. I really do need to start realizing that these things aren't the end of the world and just DEAL.
No comments:
Post a Comment