Today has been another day of spending hours looking for jobs and making/sending resumes and cover letters. I am getting so tired of spending my days like this--I just wish someone would hire me already!
It's so hard trying to find a job when I know I'm competing with people who are 15 years older than me and have that many years of experience, whereas I have none. I just applied today for a job at Bart's school, the Illinois College of Optometry, for a writer/editor position. It is exactly the kind of thing that I have been trained to do as an English student, but they require at least five years of experience. I decided to apply anyway. I know I can do this job, and do it well. It just remains to be seen if Human Resources also sees my potential.
On another note, I tried out a new recipe last night! It turned out great, but I changed it up a little bit. Bart loved it. It is this tomato-veggie soup with ravioli in it. Unfortunately, I let the soup part cook too long, so it ended up as more of a sauce when the ravioli were added. Next time I'll add more chicken stock, I think. I love trying out new recipes, but I always get so nervous while I'm cooking. I wonder if it's going to taste okay and what it is supposed to look like. Bart says that I should just relax. He's probably right.
We (Bart, Jason and I) went grocery shopping last night as well. It was SO cold out--I think only 13 degrees. I'm still not used to shopping for food in the city. For some reason I always assume that everything I see is really dirty--probably because of all the people who shop/touch things--and not the best quality. This probably isn't fair to assume, but I can't help it! Another thing I noticed while shopping last night is just how rude and pushy city people are! I was trying to pick out yogurt for Bart to bring to school in his lunch and some lady shoved my cart into my leg and then tried to elbow me out of the way! She never once looked at me or spoke--it was almost as though I wasn't there. People are so different here. Back home someone would have apologized or excused themselves instead of acting like a neanderthal.
I guess I've vented for the day...hopefully I'm more positive tomorrow!
Kari, you are too CUTE! I love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd don't worry about the jod thing. Just keep workin' hard out there!
Love you-
Alyssa