Friday, January 22, 2010

I'VE GOT A JOB INTERVIEW!!!--and creole seasoning!


First thing first--I got an actual call-back from a job that I applied to! I was so excited that I literally almost shouted and danced around the living room while I spoke to the HR guy. Anyway, I guess (hope!) he must have liked me on the phone, because after a 10 min. talk about my working experience, he told me that he'd like to do an interview in person THIS WEDNESDAY!!! YESSSSSSSS! And the best part is that this company is in Lincoln Part, which is basically right outside my door! I don't want to post the name of the company or anything else about it because I've heard that it is very unprofessional to do so, especially when I haven't even had a proper interview yet. I'm just so thrilled that someone responded to my resume! I called Dad right away to tell him (he was excited, too) and the first thing he wanted to know was whether or not I had professional clothes. I guess he forgot that he bought me two nice pairs of trouser pants and a pretty blouse for Christmas! Maybe my luck is turning around--and I'm sure the constant prayers haven't hurt, either!

In other news--Bart's two Southern friends, Tara and Jeff, gave me a gift! It is this fantastic stuff called Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. Bart pulled it out of his school bag Wednesday night and it was such a nice surprise! I am new to Southern food and just love Tara's cooking. Apparently this stuff is her secret! All day yesterday I poked around the kitchen trying to figure out what I could make that would taste good with this seasoning in it. Bart texted me at around noon to tell me that he didn't think he did too well on his last test and that he had had an awful week. (He was traveling this past weekend, so he technically hasn't had a break from school/work in almost two weeks straight). Of course, hearing that, I had to make him one of his favorite meals: Chicken and Dumplings.

Long story short, I dumped some Tony's into the pot and let it all (chicken, flour, milk, onion, broth, seasonings) cook for about an hour before I added the veggies. It ended up being the BEST pot of Chicken and Dumplings that I have ever made! I thought Bart would never stop eating it--haha! So we had that for dinner, with one glass of wine and pistachio pudding for dessert. I am having the same meal all over again--minus the wine--for my lunch!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Kari! That is wonderful news for sure! :D
    And you are just miss Betty Crocker! That sounds to die for! Chicken and dumplings are great, and it sounds like that stuff works wonders! :)

    ReplyDelete